ITOA Code of Conduct
- ITOA members must deal honestly and fairly with each other, with clients and suppliers of services.
- ITOA members will treat all details of their negotiations with clients and suppliers as confidential. Details of negotiations will not be divulged to a third party.
- A member will not knowingly make false or misleading statements about:
- Their ability to successfully and professionally meet a potential client’s needs.
- Rates, costs, accommodation, transportation, capacities or any other factors at his/her disposal.
- Or to secure otherwise confidential information.
- A member will honour signed contracts with both clients and suppliers, in spirit as well as intent, and should make every effort to honour all commitments, both written and verbal.
- A member will settle all financial obligations promptly or at least in accordance with normal commercial practice unless otherwise explicitly agreed with suppliers.
- ITOA members will, as soon as possible, release back to the supplier any contracted services no longer required.
- ITOA members should confirm all services in written form.
- Members will not produce any sales literature that clearly names a supplier, together with a selling price, without prior agreement being reached on rates and conditions.
- Members shall not attempt to convert business to themselves by directly or indirectly bringing the name of another ITOA member into disrepute.