ITOA 2021 WORKSHOPS
Next Events Autumn – Launching Summer 2021
Following the success of this years Workshops on the virtual platform of Converve in February and March, thanks to the support of our colleagues in Tourism Northern Ireland and Failte Ireland, we are planning further events for later this year. Further details and information will be provided later in the summer and notification will be sent to our valued suppliers who attended this year and in previous years. If you wish to be included in our notification distribution list please ensure to register your interest. ITOA members are well into planning and providing their overseas partners and customers with 2022 and 2023 programmes for Ireland. The networking provided through our ITOA Workshops is invaluable in ensuring that ITOA members are designing packaged holidays and business tourism events to welcome international visitors back to Ireland in a post-covid world. Our overseas partners are critical to the recovery of Irish tourism and members are working daily to ensure that they are fully briefed on the variety and wealth of Irish tourism experiences that await future customers. There is pent up demand for travel and tourism and Ireland needs to be ready and to the fore of holiday destinations to welcome back our overseas customers.
ITOA Workshops offer a unique opportunity to meet and sell your product to all members of ITOA who can package and promote your business to over 4,000 global travel trade partners and customers. While business is certainly not as normal, ITOA members have continued to work with their international partners to ensure that Ireland remains top of mind in their future plans and programmes, so that when the time is right we will be ready to welcome back our international visitors who spend more and stay longer holidaying in Ireland.
In 2019 ITOA members delivered:
- 700,500 overseas visitors to Ireland
- Who Spend €565 Million when holidaying or here on business
- A variety of business including , group tours, independent travelers, incentive & conferences
- Spend €12.5 million marketing and selling Ireland in overseas markets
- Visitors visited every region in Ireland and stayed longer than the national average length of stay – with group tour clients staying on average 8 nights and individual package holidays visitors staying 5.5 nights
While we look forward to live events returning in the future, it’s likely that our workshops will remain virtual for the foreseeable future. Similar to our February and March events our Workshops will be pre-scheduled 10 minute appointment through the virtual platform provided by Converve. As always pre-planning will be essential in advance of participating. Our members profiles will be available on the system and you can also review our member list in order to assist you to prioritise you appointment requests.
Making the most of ITOA Workshops is essential for ITOA members and suppliers. Even outside of our workshops when liaising with ITOA members we recommend in advance of all engagements that you are prepared. So here are some TOP TIPS:
- Have your 2022/23 Group and FIT rates ready – remember ITOA members business is booked far earlier than other channels
- Flexibility will be key to winning back business and operating in a Covid environment. Global competition will be stronger than every so we need to have the flexibility that consumers and international travel trade will require to enable date changes & booking transfers
- Realistic T&C’s to reflect travel restriction requirements and enable recovery which may mean smaller group sizes, final confirmation of numbers timelines that meet expectation of later booking timelines and potential time of travel restriction changes
- Ongoing communications – Timely updates & clarity on Covid restrictions changes
- Innovation – share new ideas for experience delivery
- Sustainable recovery means continuing to build and share our sustainability initiatives
- Partnership approach and keeping in touch by follow up on commitments discussed
We look forward to better times and a return to our live workshops in 2022. There’s lots we can be doing and sharing in planning for the recovery, so lets make the most of this years virtual events and stay in touch in the months ahead.
How to make the most of the workshops see our FAQ, click here.
And as a reminder of our Workshops of the past and the future, see them in action, click here.