Overseas Trade Partners: Why Work with ITOA Member Companies?
ITOA – Ireland’s Professional Inbound Travel Trade Association
Founded in 1978, ITOA (Incoming Tour Operators Association – Ireland) is a not for profit organization and the professional association for Irish based inbound tour operators, DMCs and PCOs. ITOA is the largest association of its type in Ireland and is recognised as such by the Tourism Agencies – Failte Ireland, Tourism Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland. ITOA collaborates closely with these agencies and is a member of ITIC (Irish Tourism Industry Confederation).
An ITOA member has achieved a professional standard in accordance with the rigorous criteria and annual requirements of membership established by the association executive.
The ITOA consists of over 33 leading companies that operate incoming travel and tours to the island of Ireland. Our members have relationships with every type of Irish tourism product so they can deliver the best value and tailor-made programmes to their international partners, enabling them to effectively market and sell the destination. They also provide value-add professional services that require expert knowledge, marketing know-how and excellent project management.
Our members are responsible for handling over 737,000 holiday and business visitors each year. Member companies have relationships with over 4,000 overseas tour operators and others in the incentive, events and conference sectors.
ITOA members are the recognised incoming tour operators of the Irish tourism authorities (Tourism Ireland, Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland). To find out more about our members click here.
ITOA members provide a number of services for overseas tour operators and business tourism partners:
- Creatively packaging the Irish tourism product for groups, free independent travellers (FITs) and business tourism.
- Assisting overseas tour operating partner companies in developing brochure content, marketing programmes, training and familiarization visits.
- Providing competitively priced land arrangements which, in the majority of cases, will be in the local tour operator’s language.
- Full on-the-ground backup services to your clients.
- Business tourism expertise for the incentive, corporate meeting and conference sector.
ITOA members adhere to a code of conduct and stringent membership criteria.
Please note: The ITOA works with visitors to Ireland and suppliers in Ireland. If you supply services outside Ireland and want to market to tour operators bringing visitors abroad from Ireland, please contact the Irish Travel Agents Association (ITAA).