Irish Tourism Suppliers – Why work with an ITOA Member Company?
If you’re an Irish based tourism business, here are just some of the reasons you should consider developing a relationship with ITOA Member companies:
- In 2017, members of the ITOA handled over 737,000 overseas visitors to Ireland and paid almost €264m to Irish-based suppliers.
- Based on CSO & NISRA 2017 stats, of the total number of promotable visitors to the Island of Ireland in 2017 ITOA members handled 10% of the total of which 25% of USA and 11% of Continental European visitors
- €569 Million was spend by ITOA visitors while holidaying in Ireland (excl. carrier receipts)
- The average length of stay of an ITOA visitor is 8 night for group tours and 4 nights for FIT visitors
- Your product is exposed to more than 4,000 overseas partner companies in almost every corner of the world through member companies spending 2,502 working days each year promoting Ireland in the marketplace; that’s equivalent to 12 full-time sales people in the marketplace selling Ireland over a 52 week period.
- Your relationship is with an Irish-based company which will greatly assist in streamlining your communications, operations and financial dealings.
- ITOA members are subject to a strict Code of Practice and stringent membership criteria that requires the submission of annual financial statements. These are enforced and monitored by the organisation’s Chief Executive and Executive Board made up of member companies.
- The opportunity to meet our members at the annual ITOA Workshops.
Please note: The ITOA works with visitors to Ireland and suppliers in Ireland. If you supply services outside Ireland and want to market to tour operators bringing visitors abroad from Ireland, please contact the Irish Travel Agents Association (ITAA).
ITOA and its members are the recognised incoming tour operators of the Irish tourism authorities (Tourism Ireland, Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland). Our membership comprises:
- Ground Handler or Handling Agencies
These companies provide full and comprehensive land arrangements or specific partial services of an overall land programme for group tours, individual travel and other large movements of passengers such as cruise ships, and also act as direct representatives to the international market supplier’s or partner’s brief.
- Destination Management Companies (DMCs)
These companies provide total management services for corporate meetings and incentive programmes in a destination. A DMC will be involved in designing, planning and delivering a programme to meet the client’s objectives.
- Professional Conference Organisers (PCOs)
Through their comprehensive understanding of the conference industry, these companies have the necessary skills, experience and technology to successfully manage all aspects of large international conferences and congresses.
Our list of members gives you an insight into each member’s business type. You can use the search facility to refine your requirements by services and languages provided.
For further information on the annual performance of ITOA members in 2017 see our 2017 Business Performance Report.