Stringent Membership Criteria
ITOA MEMBERSHIP – IRELANDS INBOUND TRAVEL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Founded in 1978, ITOA (Incoming Tour Operators Association – Ireland), a not for profit organisation, is the professional association for Irish based inbound tour operators, DMCs and PCOs. ITOA is the largest association of its type in Ireland and is recognised as such by the Tourism Agencies – Failte Ireland, Tourism Ireland and tourism Northern Ireland. ITOA collaborates closely with these agencies and is a member of ITIC (Irish Tourism Industry Confederation).
An ITOA member has achieved a professional standard in accordance with the rigorous entry criteria and annual requirements established by the association executive. These are:
- Presentation of ITOA Directors Statement on Financial Status of Company and Auditors/External Accountant Report verifying the company is fully financially compliant and in good standing
- Proof of international promotional activity as deems the company to be engaged in the business of inbound tour operating or handling agent
- References received from current Irish tourism suppliers and past/current clients
Once accepted into the Association, an ITOA member has to maintain their membership by:
- Statutory annual return of ITOA Directors Financial Statement (no later than 6 months from year-end accounts filing date) to prove on-going positive trading position based on previous years accounts
- Strict adherence to Associations code of conduct – any breach of this code is submitted to the executive board for review
- Participation in annual ITOA member business survey
- Attendance at ITOA annual workshops & at a minimum number of quarterly Association meetings
As a result of the above, an ITOA member offers a unique quality assurance recognised by suppliers and clients all over the world.