Every tourism business works through and uses a variety of channels to secure business. The travel trade distribution channel is an essential part of almost every tourism enterprise the world over and ITOA members and their international travel trade partners deliver international packaged holiday visitors to Ireland. ITOA members promote Ireland as a destination to more than 4,000 overseas partners of its members’ companies. These partners include:
- International tour operators and wholesalers
- Major overseas retail travel groups & Group Organisers
- Business tourism operators in the conference, incentive and events sectors
ITOA members package and bundle every aspect of the tourism product in Ireland including:
- Transport and guiding
- Visitor attractions and retail outlets
- Entertainment venues and restaurants
- Outdoor adventure and activities including golf, angling, cycling, walking and more
- Conference venues and associated services
ITOA members collectively spend almost €13 million marketing Ireland overseas and devote over 2,502 working days to travelling overseas selling Ireland annually – that is the equivalent of 12 full time sales people in the marketplace selling Ireland over a 52 week period. Our members spent €264 million with Irish tourism businesses in 2017 and generated 737,000 holiday visitors who spent €569 million in the Irish economy. You can find out more in the 2012 ITOA Members Business Performance Report.
If you are interested in working with ITOA members then don’t miss your best opportunity to meet with them all on one day, in a morning or afternoon – it may be the best decision you make for your business. All you need to know is available on the ITOA Workshops section of this website. A full list of ITOA members and profiles on their business is available on the Members section.